Momence is a great place to do business with so much to offer!
Momence is home to two of Kankakee County’s Top 10 employers: Baker & Taylor, the world’s largest distributor of books and entertainment products, employing 600 people; and Van Drunen Farms employing 350 people at its facilities, which include processing centers for the culinary herbs grown on their farms, drying centers for fruits and vegetables, and FutureCeuticals, a R&D facility creating functional food ingredients and nutritional products.
Additional food processing centers in Momence include:
- Momence Packing Company with 240 employees who produce products for Johnsonville Foods,
- Gilster-Mary Lee, a cocoa processor that serves the national food industry and employs 100 people, and
- Silva International with 100 employees provides dehydrated vegetables, herbs, and select fruit ingredients to the food industry.
Momence’s diverse industries also include:
- Flanders-Precisionaire, a filter manufacturing company employing nearly 200 people,
- Good Shepherd Manor, a residential facility for men with developmental disabilities that employs over 150 people, and
- Edmund Allen Lumber Co., a wholesale distribution yard for Western Red Cedar and other housing products with 60 employees.
Many of the facilities in Momence ship their products around the world. Many local enterprises are located in and around Momence’s traditional business district, which is adjacent to the Kankakee River and on historic Dixie Hwy. There, 19th and early 20th Century buildings display a unique charm that harkens back to the earliest days of the “Old Border Town.” Downtown Momence is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Local financial institutions, Municipal Trust & Savings Bank and Midland States Bank are eager to serve your personal and commercial loan needs to those who choose to do business and invest in Momence.
MOMENCE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Established in 1938, the Momence Chamber of Commerce, which boasts approximately 75 members, aims to promote the economic, civic and social welfare of Momence and the surrounding area. The group hosts meetings with informative speakers, arranges regular business after hours and company tours, and holds a summer golf outing to increase communication among local businesspeople and guests. A newsletter also keeps the Momence business community well informed. The Chamber also sponsors mayoral and aldermanic forums, names a Citizen of the Year, and sponsors several community events.